Apr 17, 2021
15101 Fairfax St
Indianola, IA 50125
Love Wine? Enjoy running or walking? This race is for you!
Join us on Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 9:00am for an exciting new event that features the scenic views of Summerset Winery and features a great assortment of locally produced wines! With registration options for all wine lovers and runners, this race is a sure thing for a great time! This race is timed and scored by J3 Timing. Results will be posted at www.J3Timing.com.
Considering a virtual event? Check out our Virtual Wine Run 5k, or scroll down for more options!
Awards: All participants receive a sweet finisher medal and a glass of wine, so there are no age group awards at this race, but we will have live results broken down into overall and age group format for you to view.
2 Registration Options Available:
1) 5k Run/Walk
Run or Walk the 5k course with the rest of the field, then enjoy a glass of wine at the finish line with your friends!
2) 0.0 K Race
Spectators are also encouraged to attend! The 0k option gains you access to the race and includes a full pour and a souvenir wine glass.. and you don’t even have to run!
SOCIAL DISTANCING UPDATE: This race will feature the following guidelines to ensure safety for participants, volunteers, and event staff
- Extended Packet Pickup Hours (and group pickup options)
- Open Start Line (race will not start as a group, your chip time starts when you start the race)
- Wave Starts (start times extended from 9-10am)
- Open Area – start line and race staging will be spread out to maximize social distancing
- Results – posted online only, all participants receive finisher medals (no age group ceremony)
- Post Race Party – wine tickets are good any time throughout the weekend to reduce group size at the Winery
- Free Transfer to Virtual Race. If conditions change, or you change your mind, we will ship your packet and swag to your address
- Social Distancing/Mask Wearing – participants will be required to follow the local health mandates in place at the time and location of the event. Our pre-race email will have reminders of current guidelines and our announcer will encourage these guidelines at the event as well
- Is the race only for 21+? No, minors are welcome to participate, but they will get a free soda instead of wine.
- Are strollers allowed? Yes
- Is walking allowed? Yes
- Is the race dog friendly? Yes, but please make sure you dog is on a leash.
- I still have questions, who do I contact? If you have a question, someone else probably does too. Email us at email@example.com and we’ll add it to this page
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is the race only for 21+? No, minors are welcome to join, but their drink ticket will be good for a soda or juice
- Wine’s cool, but I prefer Beer! That’s not a question… but if we get enough requests we will absolutely add a beer option!
- I still have quesitons, who do I contact? If you have a question, someone else probably does too. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add it to this page
CAN I PARTICIPATE VIRTUALLY?
Absolutely! We have been getting many inquiries about virtual participation and have integrated a virtual option into our regular registration.
Please feel free to register through the regular registration link above and you can either:
1) Pick up packet during packet pickup or on the morning of the race, but run on your own (hint: wine ticket is still good if you use this strategy)
2) Contact us at any time to switch to the Virtual Wine Run 5k and we’ll ship your packet (no charge for shipping!)
Also, if you intend on running, but later change your mind and would like to do either of these options, that’s ok too! If you are definitely going to have us ship your packet and run virtually though, we do recommend signing up HERE
Packet Pickup is currently scheduled for Friday, February 5th at the Winery from 4-7pm
Please check back closer to the race for official packet pickup dates
Race day pickup is available, but if possible please pick up early to avoid the lines (and enjoy the wines)
Proceeds from this event support The Arc.
The Arc promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and actively supports their full inclusion and participation in the community throughout their lifetimes. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE!
PROFESSIONALLY TIMED BY: